Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wk 9, Thing 21: Podcasts

I explored the three podcast directories listed in the instructions. I liked Podcast.net the least. It was not very well organized. The larger categories weren't broken down much and the descriptions were often not clear about the content. The other thing I noticed is that I couldn't find any that were current. When I was at the main "Entertainment" category page, the list of the newest podcasts started with "December 29." Quite odd. I liked the orgainization of Podcastalley.com better. It was clearer what each podcast was about. But it only gave you an option to "subscribe" and then download software. I didn't do that. (Yahoo podcasts did give you an option to "listen" rather than subscribe, right under each podcast). But then I found out that if you click "details" under each post that another page will come up which gives you the option to just "listen". One issue that was present in all directories is that none of the lists I came up with seemed to be in any order...definitely not in alphabetical or topical order. I did find some podcasts that could potentially be interesting, but all in all I don't find these directories very user-friendly. I am glad to know more about podcasts though.

No comments: