Monday, June 11, 2007

Wk 1, Thing 2: lifelong learning habits

I thought the piece about lifelong learning habits was interesting. I like the fact that it included a wide range of activities that people can engage in for learning or just enriching one's life.

Habit #1 (begin with the end in mind), #2 (accept responsibility for your own learning) and #3 (view problems as challenges) are the ones that come most naturally to me. These give structure to the project at hand and provide me with impetus to get the project moving. Oftentimes when I approach problems logically, the challenge is to find the solution that fits. When I do, it can feel rewarding.

Habit #6 (use technology to your advantage) and #7 (teach/mentor others) are the ones that I would like to get more comfortable with. I have had some experience with them over the years (ie: using databases, searching the Internet and supervising others), but would like to get more.

No comments: