Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wk 3 Thing 7: Technology

I am interested in doing this project because it gives me the chance to get familiar with newer aspects of technology. I am not a person who likes technology for technology's sake. I need to have it be useful in my life. I don't jump on the bandwagon right away. I like to see how other people are using a product or a service and learn from friends and family. It is a neat feeling once you get accustomed to using it and it becomes a natural part of your life and enhances it or makes things more convenient. DVD players and cellphones are two examples. I have a digital camera and I took it on my last trip. I was really impressed with the ease of using it and the quality of the pictures. I know how to download them on to my computer, but I have yet to be comfortable with the next steps...sharing them and editing them etc. That will come soon. I like taking advantage of the fun things that I can do with technology, but I also need to be in the right frame of mind to get over the learning curve. Curling up with a good book is still one of my favorite ways to unwind from a busy day that includes so much involvement with computers and the like.

No comments: